News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

67 Shelby build sheets

Started by shelbydoug, September 07, 2023, 07:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelbydoug

Quote from: Bill on September 09, 2023, 09:02:45 AM
Quote from: Coralsnake on September 09, 2023, 08:36:11 AM
That is the most common place. It was a common practice at the NJ Assy plant

Yes, folded up in a tight little square with a piece of tape around it and holding it in place.

Bill S.

Mine also had a sheet under the rear seat as well as taped up to the wiring harness under the dash. I didn't expect another under the front seats, so far there were three in the car.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

67 GT350

On my car, they were under the carpet and the padding, I think in the rear, it was 1981.
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

Quote from: 67 GT350 on September 09, 2023, 10:22:52 AM
On my car, they were under the carpet and the padding, I think in the rear, it was 1981.

In your '67?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

carravetta

I have a 67 GT500 and when we were doing some deep cleanup, we found a single page of the build sheet stuck inside the driver's door.

Harris Speedster

Bill,
Is it about the size of a matchbook when all folded, usually had cloth black tape wrapping it around the harness, seems commonly taped by the main fork of the wiring harness above the steering column?
Surely I made you smile !
I once found a build sheet in a 65 shelby, it was inside the front lower cross member, which the same cross member  sometimes has yellow crayon markings on its face.
Your buddy,
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

tesgt350

Many Mustangs had the Build Sheets in the Car some where BUT, my question is, "Did SA ever have their own Build Sheet for when building the Shelby's?"

Harris Speedster

Quote from: tesgt350 on September 21, 2023, 07:47:34 AM
Many Mustangs had the Build Sheets in the Car some where BUT, my question is, "Did SA ever have their own Build Sheet for when building the Shelby's?"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Tesgt350, super question I must say !

Maybe a work order taped on each car being built at Shelby's, rather redundant though, as 99% were carbon copies of each other.
Mr Vinnie and I know of a Texas  65 Shelby that had one off specialties done to it at Shelby's shop. Maybe a work order exists?
Point, maybe the employees just knew what to do, BUT, when Shelby changed all the additional labor and parts costs of early 67 cars, a sheet was made ?
Super question !
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

67 GT350

Quote from: shelbydoug on September 09, 2023, 01:42:22 PM
Quote from: 67 GT350 on September 09, 2023, 10:22:52 AM

In your '67?

In a 67 that I bought in 1981. I will dig them out and take pictures, they are in horrible shape. Just to add, I was a stupid kid back then, I knew enough to keep them, but how to preserve what I found? Hard to remember that....
RARE  Signature Delete

shelbydoug

Quote from: Harris Speedster on September 21, 2023, 07:34:14 AM
Bill,
Is it about the size of a matchbook when all folded, usually had cloth black tape wrapping it around the harness, seems commonly taped by the main fork of the wiring harness above the steering column?
Surely I made you smile !
I once found a build sheet in a 65 shelby, it was inside the front lower cross member, which the same cross member  sometimes has yellow crayon markings on its face.
Your buddy,
John

My 68 was the size of a zip drive taped to the wire harness. About the same size and shape.

I haven't found anything in my '67 yet. That car was completely apart.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Harris Speedster on September 21, 2023, 08:23:14 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Tesgt350, super question I must say !

Maybe a work order taped on each car being built at Shelby's, rather redundant though, as 99% were carbon copies of each other.
Mr Vinnie and I know of a Texas  65 Shelby that had one off specialties done to it at Shelby's shop. Maybe a work order exists?
Point, maybe the employees just knew what to do, BUT, when Shelby changed all the additional labor and parts costs of early 67 cars, a sheet was made ?
Super question !
John
No special 65-67 Shelby build sheet originating at the Shelby American facility has been found in cars based on reliable Registrar and Shelby community intel. Yes there are various memo and SA invoice documents that confirm when some cars got out of the ordinary work done to them. There was not a single day when all parts transitioned from one style to another as in early 67 vs.later. Some parts seemed to transition together but typically the different parts transitioned at various times during the production year. No evidence suggests that there was any single sheet that indicated a labor and parts cost change of early 67 cars.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Many Mustangs had the Build Sheets in the Car some where

Not for San Jose built cars

Quote from: tesgt350 on September 21, 2023, 07:47:34 AMBUT, my question is, "Did SA ever have their own Build Sheet for when building the Shelby's?"

No. Much different sort of assembly line and a lot less parts and steps to the process when compared to building each car from individual parts and sub assemblies
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

S7MS427

For more on the complex issue of DSOs, check out the following: 1967shelbyconvertible.com. The site author has spent several years studying DSOs as they apply to the 1967 Shelby automobiles and has drawn some interesting conclusions based on factual data as well as providing explanations for apparent anomalies. He has been able to correlate SAAC's records with Ford's production database.
Roy Simkins
http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby.htm
1966 G.T.350H SFM6S817
1967 G.T.500 67400F7A03040