News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Sleeping Beauty wakes up

Started by 427heaven, January 23, 2018, 09:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

427heaven

Much thanks Bob...  I will be cautious when I find and install these bolts. :)

1967 eight barrel

64 pages later.............. Still no pictures.

shelbydoug

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on July 29, 2019, 03:47:09 PM
64 pages later.............. Still no pictures.
What? Still no pics? Gee-se!  ;D
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

427heaven

OK... how do I do these pictures on here, anyone willing to PM me on how to do it and I will post some. :-[

427heaven

Another question from the photo challenged one. I found a box of goodies for my car and in it are the original COBRA seat belts but I don't know where some thick washers and long bolts go , are they for the overhead roll bar mounting points it doesn't look like really long bolts are necessary? :-\

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on September 22, 2019, 12:16:03 PM
Another question from the photo challenged one. I found a box of goodies for my car and in it are the original COBRA seat belts but I don't know where some thick washers and long bolts go , are they for the overhead roll bar mounting points it doesn't look like really long bolts are necessary? :-\
I assume you mean Shelby Mustang belts given your talking about the roll bar. Shelby Cobra belts are typically a different looking animal. If you use too long of a bolt in the upper roll bar mounting point it will make contact with the roof sheet metal and poke a dent upward as seen from the topside.Sorry that I don't have one out to measure .Maybe another? From the factory there was no washer between the roll bar and headliner and there was a thin flat washer under the head of the bolt so as not to tear into the rubber coating when it was tightened up.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JD

or are you asking about the lap belt bolts?

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

427heaven

Bob and JD...  I am putting my 67 together and to clarify it literally came home in 100s of boxes. So with so much stuff to pick thru I found the seat belt box of stuff and had to blow off almost 50 years of dust off of them, at least they are in exceptional condition. There are a few seat belt bolts in there that seem quite a bit longer then the normal looking bolts, and a few very thick looking washers also? I was referencing the Cobra logo on the push button part of the belts, sorry no real Cobra here at least not yet. ;D

deathsled

Be careful of that roof sheet metal as Bob said.  I really like 67s and at one point almost had one but it wasn't meant to be.  Fun stuff going through the car and breathing life back into the chassis.  In a way, they are almost living organisms with machine internals.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 427heaven on September 22, 2019, 05:15:02 PM
Bob and JD...  I am putting my 67 together and to clarify it literally came home in 100s of boxes. So with so much stuff to pick thru I found the seat belt box of stuff and had to blow off almost 50 years of dust off of them, at least they are in exceptional condition. There are a few seat belt bolts in there that seem quite a bit longer then the normal looking bolts, and a few very thick looking washers also? I was referencing the Cobra logo on the push button part of the belts, sorry no real Cobra here at least not yet. ;D
The tunnel belts are typically installed bolt, washer, front belt,spacer, shoulder harness,washer ,floor . Rocker belt are typically installed bolt,washer, front belt ,spacer ,shoulder harness ,washer ,rocker . The spacer could be what you are referring to as the thick washer.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

427heaven

Thanks BOB..JD and others for the help getting my baby back together. That's the parts I do have and now can move forward again. Most grateful.  :)

427heaven

After installing what appears to have been the STANDARD type seat belt bolts I found some DIFFERENT type seat belt bolts in the boxes of stuff and found what appears to be gold iridate bolts with a 6 point interior of the head bolt and round exterior of the bolts. Correct or not?

JD

Quote from: 427heaven on October 17, 2019, 04:17:16 PM
After installing what appears to have been the STANDARD type seat belt bolts I found some DIFFERENT type seat belt bolts in the boxes of stuff and found what appears to be gold iridate bolts with a 6 point interior of the head bolt and round exterior of the bolts. Correct or not?

I believe "not" - Bob G or Jeff S would know better...
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

427heaven

Thanks JD, for the help thru the years as well! ;)

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JD on October 17, 2019, 04:24:03 PM
Quote from: 427heaven on October 17, 2019, 04:17:16 PM

I believe "not" - Bob G or Jeff S would know better...
+1 on not.