News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Let's see some garages

Started by BGlover67, May 07, 2018, 05:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

One of the nice things about a good, heavy 4 Poster ,..like my Rotary (Dover Corp) is that one does not even need to bolt them into the floor.

Additionally,..
We're one to want to move them it makes it easy.
Additionally,...
Some times 4 posters bolted in can "bind up" in operation because of the way things shift a bit....
Even if they are not supposed to.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Corey Bowcutt

Finally brought my car home and rolled it into her new home.

TOBKOB

SWEET!!!!   :)  (both of them)

TOB
1969 GT350 owned since 1970

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

BGlover67

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby_r_b

Man, that's awesome - congrats!
Nothing beats a classic!

rbarkley

She looks lonely with all that extra room!   Nicely done.

Corey Bowcutt

Thank you all for your kind words. 

As far as the lonely goes, I am planning on finding a little project 65-68 coupe that my 12 year old daughter and I can refurbish together over the next 4 years so it is complete when she turns 16.  I think it would be an experience she would never forget.

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

Really nice garage, I'm jealous
Owned since 1971, now driven over 248,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

GT350Lad

Great garage Corey, nice and high in there, are you planning a hoist?

6S373
6S1276

Corey Bowcutt

I am for sure.  I really want a 2 post lift but because of county restrictions the garage is not as big as I wanted so I am not sure if that is the best way to go?  A 4 post lift can be easily moved around where a 2 post has to be fixed.  So I have the weigh the options out and decide the best way to go.  My plan is to get a lift next summer.

mark p

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on November 12, 2018, 08:11:35 AM
Finally brought my car home and rolled it into her new home.

Looks great, and just in time to keep it inside for the nasty weather - Congrats! :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on November 13, 2018, 09:17:37 AM
I am for sure.  I really want a 2 post lift but because of county restrictions the garage is not as big as I wanted so I am not sure if that is the best way to go?  A 4 post lift can be easily moved around where a 2 post has to be fixed.  So I have the weigh the options out and decide the best way to go.  My plan is to get a lift next summer.

Corey
Stop down Dave's barn on Saturday and ask to look at his 4 post list. when the wheels are on it, it rolls real easy
I wont be there but he will be
Owned since 1971, now driven over 248,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

Steve my brother has a 4 post and my good buddy has a two post and I have worked on my car using both.  I like the accessibility the two post allows to the underside of the car but like the flexibility of the 4 post.  Besides if I go into Dave's barn I will be too tempted to take your original hood off the wall and hang it in my garage :D

Too late, already moved the hood  ;)