News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Raydot mirrors

Started by deathsled, May 08, 2024, 01:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsled

I am looking for advice on a good Raydot style mirror for my dad's 65 non-Shelby fastback.  Is there more than one manufacturer for them?  I am looking for the best replica out there preferably made in the USA or UK.  Thanks for any input.  You guys, all of you, are great.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

TA Coupe

Not sure how close this is to what you are looking for but here's a couple of pictures of a mirror I've had for around 45yrs.

Roy
If it starts it's streetable.
Overkill is just enough.

TA Coupe

Overkill is just enough.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: TA Coupe on May 08, 2024, 11:56:16 PMNot sure how close this is to what you are looking for but here's a couple of pictures of a mirror I've had for around 45yrs.

Roy
That is the Talbot style . The Raydot/Raydyot style is like the picture. Branda sells them.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

TA Coupe

Thanks Bob.👍

Roy
Overkill is just enough.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: deathsled on May 08, 2024, 01:26:34 PMI am looking for advice on a good Raydot style mirror for my dad's 65 non-Shelby fastback.  Is there more than one manufacturer for them?  I am looking for the best replica out there preferably made in the USA or UK.  Thanks for any input.  You guys, all of you, are great.
There are many manufacturers today that make that style of mirror. It got the name because back in the day the only manufacture Raydot/Raydyot made them and had a trademark stamped into the topside of the metal case which is how you tell genuine from repro. At least for a good part of their production. The genuine Raydyot mirrors are out of production and sought after by those that only want original and not repro. The genuine command many times the amount that you can buy a repro for. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

deathsled

Okay thank you all for your help. I will go with Branda or Cobra Automotive and also pick up another set of trans am lug nuts.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

65A KGT

I have a pair of original Raydyot mirrors that are a little rough but could possibly be restored? I honestly have no idea what they may be worth, I've had them for many years. PM me if anyone may be interested in them. Thanks, Malcolm.
'66 K-GT Hardtop C4
'67 Cougar XR7 A-Code 4 speed
'68 Cougar XR7 GT-E 428CJ C6
'69 Cougar XR7 Convertible 428CJ C6
'70 Cougar XR7 Convertible 428CJ 4 speed
Former owner of 6S1291 and 6S074