News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Insurance - recommendations for towing

Started by SAM83, March 29, 2024, 10:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corey Bowcutt

I am very surprised to hear your experience with AAA. I use to rely on my insurance road side assistance and that was miserable. I started using AAA a few years back and have been exceedingly pleased. I have had at least 5 tows, a few dead battery calls and one keys locked in car when on vacation. They have always been extremely prompt and except for the cost of the batteries it has cost me nothing. I highly recommend them over insurance road side assistance.
Corey

Bob Gaines

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on March 30, 2024, 11:09:57 PM
I am very surprised to hear your experience with AAA. I use to rely on my insurance road side assistance and that was miserable. I started using AAA a few years back and have been exceedingly pleased. I have had at least 5 tows, a few dead battery calls and one keys locked in car when on vacation. They have always been extremely prompt and except for the cost of the batteries it has cost me nothing. I highly recommend them over insurance road side assistance.
Corey
+1.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

SAM83

Hey KR Convertible,

I did a search on the service station online to see if there were any threads that would indicate that others had the same issue but didn't come up with anything.
Have had the car for over 40 years and used it as a daily driver, first for transportation in college then for work before I decided to get a car with AC and other modern conveniences for daily use.
I've mostly run into clutch related issues and annoying noise coming from various places since restoration but was up until now pretty pleased with the engine and handling upgrades. Am in the process of sorting out these loose ends and am looking forward to a better driving experience.
Yes, the anxiety caused by lack of trust in the reliability can sometimes be a buzz kill.
You were probably wiser than me in buying a car that had already been restored. Even if you have some sorting to do it is probably cheaper than going through the process of a full restoration.

SAM83

Quote from: Corey Bowcutt on March 30, 2024, 11:09:57 PM
Corey

I'm glad you have had positive experiences with AAA.  Trust is essential. My only towing experience with them didn't work out but also know that no company their size is going to have 100% satisfaction and there is always going to be a dissatisfied customer along the way.  Mine just happened to be a little on the traumatic side.
Maybe their service in my area needs improvement?